Recurring Reminders

Platform : MacOS 10.14 on MacPro
What I Did : Created a Reminder via Agenda. Edited Reminder through reminders app to recur - say every week, month, etc
What I expected : After completion via Agenda new Reminder would be completed and tagged Agenda Note would show reminder is active for next occurrence
What happens : Reminders App creates next occurrence; however, note tagged with original reminder remains completed but shows in Timeline as existing for next occurrence (presumably from the Reminders app feed)
Thoughts :

1. Would expect note tagged with Reminder would show a refreshed incomplete reminder for the next occurrence
  2. Future Agenda versions would allow Reminder to be created that is re-occurring without reference to the Reminders App
  1. Would expect note tagged with Reminder would show a refreshed incomplete reminder for the next occurrence

I see where you’re coming from, but there are two ways of interpreting a recurring reminder. The way you do as something that stays active or as something with repeated occurrences. We follow the latter here, and so does the Reminders app. If you check off a daily reminder (e.g. put out the trash) on wednesday, than that task is done, the reminders app then schedules a new reminder for thursday, which is an independent task. In other words, you still have to put the trash outside on thursday but you don’t not suddenly also still have to put out the trash on wednesday again, that remains already done. Hope this helps to explain things.

1. Future Agenda versions would allow Reminder to be created that is re-occurring without reference to the Reminders App

This is indeed something we would like to allow you to do, create a new reminder that also repeats (though once the first occurrence of that repeating reminder has finished, the reminder will remain checked in the note).

1 Like

Thank you - I understand your response and the way it has been designed to work. Look forward to being able to create a recurring Reminder with similar abilities to Apple Reminders.

1 Like

I have just noticed that Recurring Reminders in Agenda (MacOS 10.14 / MacPro) sometimes refresh against the Note (with a new date/time) after the previous entry is completed and others don’t. There is an inconsistency. The only difference I seem to be able to find is that the refreshed Reminders are daily tasks and the others are at greater frequencies (possibly using the Apple Reminders (Custom Recurring function).

I think this is an important point, because when I make a note with a precise date and I use a reminder to refresh the time of this note, I mean I use a reminder to recall that note at certain date, but when I make the reminder completed it disappears and no trace of it remain on the calendars inside Agenda. Wouldn’t be possible to let the reminders completed in Agenda Calendars still visible like it happens in any other calendar, e.g. Apple or fantastical? Thanks!

Wouldn’t be possible to let the reminders completed in Agenda Calendars still visible like it happens in any other calendar, e.g. Apple or fantastical?

You mean you’d like to have the stay visible in the calendar in the sidebar on the right?

Is this the same point as @maurizio.bortolotti makes or a different one? If different, could you illustrate what you try to describe with some screenshots?

yes, exactly! Because, after I completed a Reminder, no traces of it remain on the internal calendar of Agenda and, maybe, sometimes you ask yourself: "I did it or not…” because many events and reminders going on each day, sometimes you cannot remember well each single one you completed…

Ok, makes sense, we’ll see if we can add a preference that would allow to keep them visible.

Thank you! :+1:t2: