Quick launch

Please provide (in this order of priority):

1. Agenda launch agent from menu bar
  2. keyboard shortcut to launch Agenda

I’m not a developer but I suggest using Hammerspoon (a free open source app) to get your keyboard shortcut.

Install Hammerspoon, enable it in accessibility, open config, paste this code, then reload config:

hs.hotkey.bind('ctrl option', 'a', function()
if hs.application.title(hs.application.frontmostApplication()) == "Agenda" then
hs.eventtap.keyStroke('cmd', 'h')
else
hs.application.launchOrFocus("Agenda.app")
end
end)

Now when you hit ctrl+option+a, Agenda launches if it’s closed and becomes the focused app. Hitting it again hides Agenda but doesn’t close it.

You can make as many of these shortcuts as you want using Hammerspoon. Hope this helps!

I use cmd-spacebar to launch everything - Spotlight soon learns so launching Agenda for me is:

Cmd Spacebar AG Return

Thanks - clearly a good solution!

Will give this a try! Thanks!

There is no way for an app to introduce a keyboard shortcut to launch itself. The tools suggested by others can help there.

The menu bar item is certainly something we are thinking about. Thanks for the feedback!

I found a simpler way to achieve the keyboard shortcut to launch agenda (or to make it the active window if it’s already open) without requiring additional software:

1. Open Automator
  2. Create a new service (see fig 1 below)
  3. Search for “launch” (see fig 2 below)
  4. Drag “Launch an Application” action into the right pane.
  5. Select “Service receives: NO INPUT in ANY APPLICATION” (see fig 3 below)
  6. Select “Agenda” from dropdown. (see fig 3 below)
  7. Save with an appropriate file name
  8. Open System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts
  9. Navigate to “Services” (see fig 4 below)
  10. Somewhere in this list you will see the service you just created to launch agenda (see fig 4 below)
  11. Assign a shortcut to this item (see fig 4 below)

Fig 1:

Fig 2:

Fig 3:

Fig 4:

Thanks for sharing!