Quality of life improvements

i have been using this app for few days and so far it’s really good. however i really would like to see some minor tweaks on the ios version like:-

1- slide down from almost anywhere to activate search or at least put the magnifier icon at the bottom of the screen for easier access.
2- the plus icon (add new notes), in my opinion, should be put at the bottom of the screen. it’s not practical at all to be at the top of the screen and much easier to reach specially for one hand use.
3- have the ability to edit (like keep or hide) the trash icon, today icon or even agenda icon.
4 - apple watch app for fast input words or entire sentence.
5 - give us spacing option between notes titles, when they are collapsed. I would like to see them closer to each other :slight_smile:

I don’t usually give feedbacks but i really like your app and hope to see you having even more success.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated!

1- slide down from almost anywhere to activate search or at least put the magnifier icon at the bottom of the screen for easier access.

Slide down might work in some situations but will also easily interfere with vertically scrolling through your notes, so most likely not an option I’m afraid. We’ll see where it could make sense though.

2- the plus icon (add new notes), in my opinion, should be put at the bottom of the screen. it’s not practical at all to be at the top of the screen and much easier to reach specially for one hand use.

You make a valid point, at the same time we also strongly believe in consistency across platforms, and putting those buttons at the bottom of the screen doesn’t make sense on an iPad or Mac. In this case we felt this was more important, especially because creating new notes, though relatively often done, is also not something you’re doing all the time. In fact you can argue that there should be a little bit of a hurdle to prevent creating too easily new notes instead of using ones that you already have. A bit like with tags where the system falls apart if you create too many of them.

3- have the ability to edit (like keep or hide) the trash icon, today icon or even agenda icon.

We don’t believe there’s a big win, if you don’t like them you can always collapse the Overview “category”.

4 - apple watch app for fast input words or entire sentence.

Something we’ve been indeed thinking about. Not directly at the top of the most requested list but definitely a nice-to-have, agreed.

5 - give us spacing option between notes titles, when they are collapsed. I would like to see them closer to each other :slight_smile:

This is again a case of opinionated design where we tend to not give too many options in Agenda. In general we prefer to stick with a single setting that works well for most as opposed to giving a lot of options to tweak and personalise, as this also comes with a fair share of feature bloat and UI complexity.

Now to be sure, while you may feel it feels like we dismiss everything you say, this is certainly not the case, we do keep remarks like yours in the back of our heads and they do influence where Agenda will be going in the future. Again, many thanks for taking the time to write up your thoughts and ideas!

1 Like