Programmatically get note creation date

Is it possible to get the creation date of a note somehow?

I often need to see when a note was created. This info gets overwritten if a note changes category. This really messes up the order of notes.

I’d like to write a shortcut or automation so that I can set the date of the note to its creation date automatically. Is this possible?

The bit I’m missing is just getting a note’s creation date.

Tom

Yes, you find this info in the Gear menu under Show Info…

Ah, apologies, you would want to get it through a shortcut, that isn’t possible at the moment, we’ll take it on board.

1 Like

That would be great; thanks! Shortcut would be ideal - but if it’s supported in any other way (x-callback-url or Applescript) that would be workable, too.

I’m not yet finding anything regarding “created or last edited” access. I’m was hoping to use last edited as a comparitive value with the OmniFocus task created from the note.

These values are actually exposed in the Shortcuts app, for example, if I fetch an Agenda Note** and then assign it to a variable:

…instead of assigning the entire note to the variable, you can now also select the Creation or Edited Date:

… resulting in the creation date that you can use to compare:

**) note that you can also go from the other end and use the Find Note to search on notes edited or created on a certain date as those are now searchable properties in the Find Note Shortcut, see

Thanks for the shortcut help. The example is good insight to a couple other things. I had looked thru Agendas’ dictionary and was trying to do via JSON. I just couldn’t get it right. I honestly haven’t spent a lot of time in the shortcuts app.

Good news on the scrambled text bug. It happened yesterday and I noticed that it’s not full titles that are overlapped but most were wrapped. I dragged the right side of the window before touching anything and watched the text unwrap as it normally would until I had all single row titles. I continued with multiple note and text actions with NO CRASH. Hopefully this will narrow down the root cause area to focus on.

OK, thanks for the follow up there