Problem assigning formatting

What I did:
I tried to assign a format, like bold or italic, to a paragraph. I click on the little circle on the left and the context menu with the formatting options opens. I select my choice. Nothing happens. I click in the note, the context menu disappears. I click on the circle again and make my choice. Now it works

Screencast: Agenda Text Formatting - TechSmith Screencast - TechSmith Screencast

The formatting palette affects the selected text. You have to select text first, then apply the command. If you want the whole paragraph, double/triple click on the paragraph.

Thanks for your reply. The behaviour is the same when I select a text. 2023-08-24_11-24-23 - TechSmith Screencast - TechSmith Screencast
Besides, in my first example I did not select the text the second time, but it worked.

Note that there are different types of formats. There are paragraph level ones, like body/preformatted etc, and there are inline ones like bold/italic etc. For the inline ones, you need to select a part of the text. For paragraph level (eg heading), you just have to have the cursor in the paragraph.

Hope that helps!