Portuguese - Português

Translators: @ricardomsousa @antonjapinto

This topic is for discussion the Portuguese translation of Agenda. Feel free to leave your suggestions, corrections, and comments here.

Want to help translate Agenda to Portuguese? Reply to this post and we’ll add you to this translation project.

Do you encounter any issues, have suggestions or comments, leave a post here as well, your feedback is highly appreciated!

Hi there! Thank you for letting me know about the translation progress.
Like I’ve said in the past, I’ll be glad to help out in any way I can! :relaxed:

1 Like

Update: We’ve started the Brazilian-Portuguese translation of Agenda, the moment it is starting to get there we will add the Portuguese from mainland Portugal translation.

1 Like

Hi!
Ok let’s go translate Agenda to portuguese.
I am available.

António

1 Like

Update: The European Portuguese localization of Agenda has joined the Brazilian-Portuguese translation and is now officially underway :partying_face: with @ricardomsousa and @antonjapinto taking a first stab at the first round of the Portuguese translation of Agenda. As outlined here, we’ll add a number of reviewers once they have concluded the first round and will give all of you access to the test builds as things progress. To be continued…

1 Like

Please, take in consideration the BIG differences between Portuguese and Portuguese Brazilian. I don’t get some Brazilian translations, that I respect, sure, but it is not my language. None is better than the other but each is suitable for different parts of the globe.

The two are indeed independent translations and we plan to ship both of them in Agenda:

Update: Hooray, the Portuguese translation of Agenda is now in beta as part of Agenda version 11.0 :confetti_ball: We’d invite everybody to give it a try and let us know if you find any aspects that can be improved, need to be corrected, or are giving issue. Join me in thanking all translators (with @ricardomsousa in particular) who worked so hard and with so much passion to add the Portuguese translation of Agenda! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Brilliant to hear, there’s something really nice about it isn’t it, had the same experience translating the app to Dutch. Regarding the issues:

Press and hold the + button > Manage Templates… > Down arrow on the left of the title:
The description for the option “Current Time/Hora atual” cuts after 3 lines

Can we make the description shorter? For example, by stopping after there word “tempo”?

• + button in the bottom left corner:
    Like before, the description for “New Project/Novo projeto” cuts after 3 lines

Same here, we could change it to " …notas de reunions, eventos, ou …", or we could make the last part short: “ou organizar a tua vida.” Leaving it up to you

• Sync notes > Dropdown with sync options:
    Like before, the description for “iCloud” cuts after 3 lines

Same here, what about “Usa o mesmo iCloud…”

• The preview note sample is not showing anything, only the placeholder string (maybe it’s supposed to be like that in the beta but I thought I should mention it)

Weird that should have been translated indeed, I can see it in the translation now, will check.

• Calendar
    • The option “Shown Calendars/Calendários mostrados” has a divider overlaping the text, which is caused by the “line break” (maybe edit out the “shown/mostrados” text as a solution ou perhaps change the wording? Like, “Show Calendars:/Mostrar calendários:” so it can fit? We’d have to edit the reminder’s lists label as well to keep consistency)

Yes, that’s probably best indeed: “Show From:” or “Shown From:” perhaps. Also note that Listas has a capital L that it probably shouldn’t have.

• Account
    • The text “Logged in as/Sessão iniciada como” cuts reaching the “Log out/Terminar sessão” button

Thanks, will check if this can be improved

• When logged out, the links “Privacy Policy/Política de Privacidade” and “Don’t have an account?/Não tens uma conta?” overlap"

PT is really long, especially the Initiar and Terminar Sessão buttons, not sure if we can just use Initiar and Terminar instead? Also, if needed perhaps just use “Privacidade” for the privacy policy, and “Não tens conta?” with “uma” perhaps?

• Many of the options direct to the Agenda Community homepage, not to the specific pages it should

Can you show examples?

• In the “About Agenda” section, the names of the translators do not appear, only the placeholder string (maybe it’s supposed to be like that in the beta but I thought I should mention it)

Strange, I can see the translation in OneSky (although it only has your name with a comma, did the others contribute? I will ensure it will be in the next.

• The title cuts by only a letter

Ok, will check if I can fix that

• When a user has the premium features, the paragraph after the “PURCHASED/COMPRADA” checkmark cuts off

Perhaps we should then remove the word Novas otherwise shorten it.

Side note
In the Preferences (both General and Account tabs), I found the premium features section kinda “sinked in”, feels like the “Show Features/Mostrar funcionalidades” button is too close to the bottom tab bar (this is just me with my designer perfectionism talking, so it’s more of an observation than anything)

Thanks, and I see what you mean, but we don’t have much vertical space to play with alas.

• I didn’t find any typos but now that I’ve had the time to explore and see the language first-hand, I feel like some of the strings should be revised given the context they’re in. What I mean is, when translating I didn’t have the notion/overall picture of the placement of the strings, but seeing them in action now, I know exactly what they really mean and what I should translate them to.

Sure and makes total sense, you can just keep tweaking things as we go and the changes should go in in the following build.

Again, glad to see you so excited, thanks for the great work and can’t wait to see it go live!

1 Like

Can we make the description shorter? For example, by stopping after there word “tempo”?

Same here, we could change it to " …notas de reunions, eventos, ou …", or we could make the last part short: “ou organizar a tua vida.” Leaving it up to you

Same here, what about “Usa o mesmo iCloud…”

Sure, I can shorten then up! One thing though, I tried going to OneSky to see if I could edit/suggest a revision but there were no options to do so, only commenting (see screenshot below).

Yes, that’s probably best indeed: “Show From:” or “Shown From:” perhaps. Also note that Listas has a capital L that it probably shouldn’t have.

Ah, nice catch. I thought I had uncapitalized all of them! :sweat_smile:
And yeah, I think I’m going to edit both labels with something like “Import from:” and then see if it works better.

PT is really long, especially the Initiar and Terminar Sessão buttons, not sure if we can just use Initiar and Terminar instead? Also, if needed perhaps just use “Privacidade” for the privacy policy, and “Não tens conta?” with “uma” perhaps?

I’ll try to use those last suggestions first.

Can you show examples?

Regarding the specific options in the Support tab redirecting to the Agenda Community homepage:

• How to…” (used to go there but now it doesn’t do anything when pressed)
  • Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Gestures
  • Markdown Cheatsheet
  • Search Syntax Cheatsheet
  • Send feedback…
  • Release Notes…

Strange, I can see the translation in OneSky (although it only has your name with a comma, did the others contribute? I will ensure it will be in the next.

About that, I left a comma so I could eventually add other translators later on. Like I’ve said before, @antonjapinto did contribute with a few strings at the beginning but after I’ve had to edit them to maintain consistency, he never said anything else during the whole translation fase. I don’t even know his full name so I don’t know what to do about it at the moment.

Perhaps we should then remove the word Novas otherwise shorten it.

Will do!

Thanks, and I see what you mean, but we don’t have much vertical space to play with alas.

Yeah, I know and it’s fine.

Sure and makes total sense, you can just keep tweaking things as we go and the changes should go in in the following build.
Again, glad to see you so excited, thanks for the great work and can’t wait to see it go live!

Great! I’ll be sure to revise some things I noticed during testing.
I truly am. It’s been a blast to see my language in action! :blush:

Ah, I have given you moderator rights now, believe it should now be possible.

Please use “Shown from:” or “Show from:” as we don’t use the import term in combination with events.

Weird that those community pages don’t work, we’ll have a look

Ok, for now remove the comma then so he can add his own name if he wants to.

Abraço,
Alex

Obrigado! Just finished all the revisions that had to be made for now!

Abraço! :sparkles:

1 Like

Bom dia Ricardo,

I just noticed these, can’t we just use Bem-vindo instead of Bem-vindo(a)? I find it a bit odd looking this way and prefer to just use Bem-vindo.

In the same way, if there are other places where you use this, have a look if we can make a choice for one or the other too

Ah, ignore me, I got it already, it depends on the user of course, leave it as in then :smiley:

Olá Alex! Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from vacation! :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I know it feels strange but the Portuguese language revolves on gender pronouns and we end some words with “o(a)” when addressing someone unknown, usually in print, websites and such. “Bem-vindo” goes when addressing a male and “Bem-vinda” for female. Since we don’t have an actual genderless pronoun for it, we usually write with the male form and add the “(a)” in the end to include the female version. It’s all about inclusivity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, perfeito!

1 Like

Olá!
I just want to know in what part is the progress of translation, if is possible.
Is any way to download the beta version of translate?

Olá @schosslervfx, bem-vindo à Comunidade Agenda! :slightly_smiling_face:

Agenda is fully translated to Portuguese (Portugal, if you’re looking for the BR version you can find it here) and has been in the testing phase for a few weeks now! As far as I know, the beta version is available through invite only. If you are interested, you’ll find more information in this topic.

1 Like

Olá @mekentosj!

Just did another sweep at the latest beta and so far everything looks great! The only thing that I noticed was the title of the Premium Features page cutting off by only one letter. Is it possible to fix that or should I try shortening the text?