Persistent bug adding empty checklist items

We think we understand what was happening, and the fix may indeed be more general than just the last item where it was showing up very obviously.

So I installed the new, fixed Agenda version on all Macs I’m using it with. And it turns out the phenomenon has been drastically reduced, but it is not fully gone yet. I am still seeing Agenda creating new, empty ghost entries in a checklist.

Is it possible the ghost was there before you upgraded? Or that another device (iOS) is causing the issue by syncing? (A full fix actually requires all copies of the app to be updated, but you should be able to stop it by fully quitting any iOS apps.)

It’s gotten a lot better, the ghost repetition has stopped. However, one other issue remains and that is deleted content.

This morning Agenda deleted my checklist item, so I had to call back the client to ask them to walk me through the task once again. If Agenda is randomly deleting content on its own, I can’t rely on it any longer. I’ll stop using it until you guys have fixed this bug.

I appreciate the work you’ve done trying to solve it so far, but it seems that it has been only partially resolved and other issues with cloud syncing apply.

Are you certain that text was deleted? Could it just have been cropped by a layout glitch? Eg if you restart the app, does the text appear, or if you end a return in the note?

If there is any info you can give us about how that may have arisen, please let us know. We have not heard from others about any disappearing text in the most recent version of Agenda.

Here is what happened, step by step:

• I was on a call with the client, taking notes while they were talking, using Agenda on the Mac with a checklist
  • I had entered the first item (two lines) and entered the second one. After I had entered it I didn’t touch it anymore. While I was not typing, just looking at the screen, the content of this second checklist item disappeared in front of my eyes, just leaving the checkbox circle behind
  • I put the text marker back to it and selected “undo” several times from the menu. Nothing happened, the removed text did not come back

There is nothing else I did, from this point on I used Byword on the Mac to continue my notes. The second checklist item also shows an empty item (just the checkbox) on iOS.