Paletro is a powerful utility command palette for Agenda

A while back I bought a utility app called Paletro. I just started using it with Agenda and it seems really useful and powerful.

Paletro is an Alfred-like app that give you a command pallete that you control completely from the keyboard on your Mac. But instead of the functions that Alfred, Raycast, Launchbar and others perform, Paletro does just one thing: It makes every menu item in every menu of an app completely accessible from the keyboard without having to memorize keyboard shortcuts. It works with pretty much every app and you can disable it for apps as well.

Agenda has a dizzying amount of menus and keyboard shortcuts to try to remember. I was feeling overwhelmed trying to remember all of them when I remembered that I had this app. It’s really cool to just be able to type “Collapse All” or “Export” or “Text Color” etc and have the menus come up. In the case of “Text Color” it brings up the sub menu after choosing the Text Color and you can use the keyboard to navigate to the color. It even includes all of the menu items where Agenda can create a new note in a specific Category. Just start typing the name of the category and you can add a new note to it.

It’s a $7 utility with a free trial period if you want to give it a try.

Here’s the link (no affiliate link - I just thought others might like to know about it) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice one, thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

Paletro is a great app. It’s worth mentioning that Paletro is also part of the Setapp service. If you already have Setapp, you can simply install Paletro via Setapp and start using it.

2 Likes

If one has BetterTouchTool, you can create an action or gesture that will bring up the Agenda menu bar like a contextual menu.
On my computer, I’ve created a trigger in BetterTouchTool where if I drag downward on my trackpad with two fingers the menu bar appears. Here’s a screenshot from my Mac.
Although, this does mean that I have to take my hands off the keyboard to bring up this menu. (but you can navigate the menu with the up/down keys).

Thanks for this original post, I was looking for this kind of solution, when I remembered that BTT has this functionality. BTT is also part of SetApp.

Hi all (my forst post here).

What I did, was create MacOS keyboard sortcut that points to Help/Search upper menu. Then, when I press Option+§ (this shortcut fits me best) search menu pops up and i can type EVERY menu position and execute it.

Palletro has it’s advantages, but above solution is for free :wink:

2 Likes

That is super handy! Thank you @brcxjmd8q4 for that suggestion! I will likely use that for many of my apps. I’ve liked that feature since it came out, but I don’t use it that often. But, know that I can search and trigger the command from my keyboard is super helpful! Thanks!

I’m using Alfred workflow to overcome lack of shortcuts. Hmm I must have missed something, where’s SEARCH in Help upper menu? Don’t see it.

Hmm, that is odd. It should be there by default. Maybe we accidentally removed it. We will investigate.

I’m on MacOS Sonoma, no SEARCH under Help

Thanks for recommending Paletro Steve! It’s an amazing utility. Do you have any other gems like it?

1 Like

(I’m using it to colour notes as there are no text shortcuts for doing that at the moment)

You might like the utility popclip. Check it out. And this is something completely different but Arc Browser is like the Agenda of browsers - wonderfully aesthetic, pure poetry of software.

Thanks for the recommendations. I am also enjoying using Arc Browser! Popclip seems useful – giving it a try.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a Paletro issue or an Agenda issue, but using Paletro to move a note to another project doesn’t work for me. “Move To” shows, and when I select it all of my projects show up, but when I enter/select a project nothing happens.

Interestingly, “after next note” and “before previous note” do work, just not projects.

They might have to fix the underlying script they use, best to inform the people of Paletro as this is not something we can fix/control.

Thanks, will do.