Other formatting lost when highlight applied

What I did:

1. Create some formatted text in a note (e.g. sentence with certain words bold, underline, or italic).
  2. Select the sentence/paragraph and apply the highlight format.

What happened: All of the original formatting (e.g. bold, underline, italic) is lost. It appears that whatever formatting is applied to the first character/word of the selected sentence/paragraph is applied to the entire section.

What I expected: Original formatting should remain in place with the addition of highlighting.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 19.0 (302) running on macOS Sonoma 14.5 on 14" MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Pro.

Haven’t noticed this before, I rarely highlight though except in for pdf apps. I noticed that text formatted after highlighting stays when highlighting is removed. When applied again, highlighting cleared other formatting except for underline and strike thru which “auto” extended from 2 words to the entire highlighted sentence. There are too many format combinations that behave in different ways to list.

I use Agenda to create combined meeting agenda/note documents but my meetings can be a bit unstructured depending on what my clients want to discuss first. I therefore like to select and highlight my entire note (or at least the majority of it) and then systematically unhighlight sections throughout the meeting as we cover them.

It’s a shame to lose any existing formatting when applying highlighting and I’m assuming this is a bug that can be resolved without too much trouble since the “unhighlight” operation doesn’t seem to remove any of the existing text formatting.

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like a bug. I don’t see why highlighting should change the text.

We’ll fix this.

1 Like