Option to create new note into default project

Being able to create a new note by default into a project (e.g. an “Inbox”) would be an easy way to create quick notes on the fly, and organize them later.

Speed to note ftw!

5 Likes

This is certainly in our roadmap. Stay tuned!

Is there an update on this?

It’s very frustrating to click multiple times on an action that I need to do so frequently every day.

1 Like

If you have an inbox project already, then selecting it first in the sidebar followed by cmd-N will directly create a new note in it.

Thanks. It does work if I am inside the inbox project.

But if I’m in a saved search or today or On My Agenda, it’s a real hassle (and also impossible to do using only the keyboard on the iPad).

When you you create a new document in Pages or Bear or Sublime Text or Microsoft Word or Apple Notes (from the widget or control center), it instantly creates a document for you to start writing - the location where you choose to put the note is always the final step.

Writing is often instantaneous - if I have a thought, I need to be able to put it down immediately.

Imagine if all of these above tools forced people to save a location before they could start writing.

Ah ok, that’s indeed a slightly different use case, as @drewmccormack mentions, we have some exciting things coming later this year that you’ll like for sure…

2 Likes

Thanks. Would love if I can somehow create a new note instantly when in On My Agenda/Todo/Search view, and not have to leave that view.

1 Like