Open many windows on macOS version

Hello,
I do a lot of copy and paste from a note to another project’s note.
It’s a pain to navigate to the destination project’s note and then back to the source note even with recently edited note list.
It would be very helpful to be able to open several windows (on macOS version).
Thanks, Pascal.

7 Likes

Yes, we plan to add support for multiple windows in a future update. Thank you for the feedback!

7 Likes

Would you consider tabs as well? OmniFocus is a good example of an app that supports tabs and windows. Tabs let me have mutually exclusive views to scroll through, and windows let me have multiple views I can see side-by-side. I would find that really useful in Agenda as well.

1 Like

Don’t think it will be likely at this point, but we’ll take your comments along.

Would you consider tabs as well?

I recently switched to TaskPaper (because the search allows me to narrow down within a note, not just "there’s a match somewhere in this note) and one additional benefit is that I can have multiple tabs (not just windows). Tabs help to keep multiple views on my notes while avoiding a proliferation of windows. I want to love Agenda (and I’ve paid for it already) so I’m watching closely for the improvements, just not using it day-to-day yet.

Just want to bump this again to encourage its prioritization on your to do list. I use Agenda every business day on my Mac, and most of my waking hours on my iPad and iPhone. Love it and find it highly useful. My biggest recurring frustration with it is the lack of multiple windows on macOS. I would love to keep several windows and/or tabs open on my Mac with the Projects List scrolled to several different sections of long list of categories and subcategories that I commonly use throughout my workday. Having this would speed my use of it and kind of “get it out of the way” of itself so it just does what I need it to do without me having to think so hard each time I switch back to it from other apps on my Mac.

Thanks!
Jay

2 Likes

Bump… Working on my Holiday Shopping Lists… I have one master list for “have an idea and write it down immediately” discipline. Then, when the house is quiet in the morning, I take the previous day’s capture and place the ideas on the right note. It is a PAIN to not be able to open multiple windows in Agenda. I’m considering not renewing payment and just using Apple Text Editor. They icloud sync to all devices any way……

2 Likes

My work around is to have Agenda open on both Mac and iPad/iPhone, referring to a note on one while writing in another note.

If necessary I can copy and paste between the two.

The ability to open more than one window would be a great improvement though.

2 Likes

+1 to this

Not a big fan of tabs. Craft has it and tbh its confusing. multiple windoes much better

1 Like

Would like to have multiple windows too. Kind regards

Bumping this request again, it has been over 2 years since I last did so, and everything I said in my July 2020 message still holds true today! @mekentosj Any hope of this feature coming along in the near future?

Thanks,
Jay

It’s in the top 3 of features we’ll pick from for the updates after the upcoming Agenda 15/16 combo, so good hopes yes.

2 Likes