Notes disappearing on their own

What I did: I created a new project, “CIN210 tutorials”, to move some notes over from another project, “CIN210 lectures”. I then moved those specific notes into “CIN210 tutorials”.

What happened: when I clicked on “CIN210 tutorials”, two of the notes were missing, and they were not in the original project “CIN210 lectures” either. when I clicked the undo button to try and see if that would bring them back, another note in “CIN210 lectures” ended up disappearing on its own as well. I also tried quitting the app and restarting it.

What I expected: for the notes not to disappear and to be properly moved into the new project

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): I use a 2017 macbook air, on mojave 10.14.1. the agenda version is 2.6.

I have an exam tomorrow and I really want to be able to retrieve these notes; I am also certain that I did not press the delete button on any of them.

thank you for your time and help!

I’m really sorry to hear this. Are you absolutely certain the notes are gone? Do they appear on another device you have syncing?

Is it possible you have a search filter which is stopping the notes showing?

It is worth quitting the app, and launching it again, to see it that helps.

If none of that helps, I fear the only way to get the notes back may be a backup. Do you use Time Machine to backup the Mac? If so, you could try this:

1. Quit Agenda
  2. Click on Finder
  3. Choose Go > Go to Folder
  4. Enter ~/Library/Containers
  5. Find the folder com.momenta.agenda.macos and restore that using Time Machine to a time just before the problem.

Once again, I’m really sorry about this. We haven’t had any other reports of it, so it is likely just very bad luck.

Kind regards,
Drew

unfortunately, I don’t really know how to use Time Machine and I’ve tried all the other options as well :pensive: but I’ve already taken my exam, so thank you very much for your help!! I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Sorry that you experienced this. I hope the exam went well anyway.

Kind regards,
Drew

A post was split to a new topic: Reverting notes