Note not showing up in the today view

What I did:
i added a note Z to project X, then to the Today view.

What happened:
The note is not listed in Today under project X, or any other project. Other notes from Project X for this day are listed. However, when i went to Project Z, it is listed there with the correct data and time for later today.

What I expected:
I expect note Z to be listed under Project Z.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda 6.0.1
Mac OS 10.14.6

We’re indeed investigating a similar report, stay tuned!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll continue reporting occurrences of this bug if it helps.

Has this been resolved yet?

My experience:

• Notes assigned to Today are correctly showing in the Today view.
  • Notes assigned to a specific calendar event Today are not showing in the Today view.

It seems that assigning a note to a specific event removes it from the Today view

No this hasn’t been resolved yet, it’s on my list for this or the next update.

I have looked into this but unfortunately haven’t been able to reproduce the issue. Could you have a look if the issue still occurs in the upcoming version 7 update (should be out in 1-2 weeks from now)?

If it does happen still in this update, it would be great if you could record a movie showing the issue. Also, the following info would help:

• how exactly did you link the section (the video should help here to)?
  • did the note already have a linked event or assigned date prior to linking?
  • does it happen with all events on a day or only some?
  • do these events have a different timezone than the one of your computer?
  • do these events happen to be part of a recurring series?
  • were these events previously linked already on a different device?
  • does it happen on both mac and iOS?
  • does a restart of Agenda help to bring it in the today view?
  • or simply waiting a while? does it appear later in the day in the today overview?
  • does the today overview at times show notes linked to events on a different day (today or tomorrow)?

Update: We have found the cause of some notes not appearing under Today or in date related smart overviews, it is caused by linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on. We aim at fixing this as soon as we can. Unfortunately it does require some fundamental changes that need a good test round, it can therefore take a short bit before the fix appears. Many thanks for your patience!

Hi. Could you clarify what ‘linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on’ actually means.

I have the same issue and the Event the note is linked to is in my Calendar (using Apple Mac Calendar app), however that event is an invite from a colleague in the US (I’m in Australia).

My device, it’s clock and the note were all created in my local timezone, however the actual Calendar event has a GMT timezone and my local time.

Is this the issue you are referring to?

Hi. Could you clarify what ‘linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on’ actually means.

I have the same issue and the Event the note is linked to is in my Calendar (using Apple Mac Calendar app), however that event is an invite from a colleague in the US (I’m in Australia).

Yes, exactly this is what I mean, when you link a note to an event that was scheduled in a different timezone (US) than your computer is in (Australia).