Note not showing up in the today view

What I did:
i added a note Z to project X, then to the Today view.

What happened:
The note is not listed in Today under project X, or any other project. Other notes from Project X for this day are listed. However, when i went to Project Z, it is listed there with the correct data and time for later today.

What I expected:
I expect note Z to be listed under Project Z.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda 6.0.1
Mac OS 10.14.6

1 Like

We’re indeed investigating a similar report, stay tuned!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll continue reporting occurrences of this bug if it helps.

Has this been resolved yet?

My experience:

• Notes assigned to Today are correctly showing in the Today view.
  • Notes assigned to a specific calendar event Today are not showing in the Today view.

It seems that assigning a note to a specific event removes it from the Today view

No this hasn’t been resolved yet, it’s on my list for this or the next update.

I have looked into this but unfortunately haven’t been able to reproduce the issue. Could you have a look if the issue still occurs in the upcoming version 7 update (should be out in 1-2 weeks from now)?

If it does happen still in this update, it would be great if you could record a movie showing the issue. Also, the following info would help:

• how exactly did you link the section (the video should help here to)?
  • did the note already have a linked event or assigned date prior to linking?
  • does it happen with all events on a day or only some?
  • do these events have a different timezone than the one of your computer?
  • do these events happen to be part of a recurring series?
  • were these events previously linked already on a different device?
  • does it happen on both mac and iOS?
  • does a restart of Agenda help to bring it in the today view?
  • or simply waiting a while? does it appear later in the day in the today overview?
  • does the today overview at times show notes linked to events on a different day (today or tomorrow)?

Update: We have found the cause of some notes not appearing under Today or in date related smart overviews, it is caused by linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on. We aim at fixing this as soon as we can. Unfortunately it does require some fundamental changes that need a good test round, it can therefore take a short bit before the fix appears. Many thanks for your patience!

Hi. Could you clarify what ‘linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on’ actually means.

I have the same issue and the Event the note is linked to is in my Calendar (using Apple Mac Calendar app), however that event is an invite from a colleague in the US (I’m in Australia).

My device, it’s clock and the note were all created in my local timezone, however the actual Calendar event has a GMT timezone and my local time.

Is this the issue you are referring to?

Hi. Could you clarify what ‘linking a note to a timezone that is different from the device Agenda is running on’ actually means.

I have the same issue and the Event the note is linked to is in my Calendar (using Apple Mac Calendar app), however that event is an invite from a colleague in the US (I’m in Australia).

Yes, exactly this is what I mean, when you link a note to an event that was scheduled in a different timezone (US) than your computer is in (Australia).

I frequently have this problem, but it’s any different different Timezone scheduled by someone else, even if that Timezone is as subtle as daylight saving e.g. AEST vs. AEDT (same country, one hour difference)