No update showing in Mac App store

What I did: I just updated to newest IOS version of agenda.
When opening MacOS version I get the alert that I need to update such version too to be compatible with IoD

What happened: So I click on the update button but instead of being directed to the “Updates” section of the MCOs store I land on the discover section which only allows me to open my existing version of agenda.
Tried also to look directly in the “Updates” section but Agenda is nowhere to be seen there! Any suggestions?

What I expected:

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Same problem here.

There is an option to hit the continue button but then a message pops up that warns that data corruption can occur.

Are you sure you want to continue?
Using an older incompatible version of Agenda can lead to unexpected behavior or even result in data corruption. We strongly recommend to update to the latest version instead.

Is it safe to use or should we wait until this update glitch is fixed?

Or is it wise to just delete Agenda from Mac and re-download it again ?

Temporary workaround (not ideal but worked) to the problem: delete your Mac OS copy of agenda and re-install the new version from app store.

Best regards,

Roberto Daniele
Educator, Social Entrepreneur and World Cycle-Tourer.
robertodaniele65@gmail.com

1 Like

Same here. Issues sinds The iPhone update.

Thanks for the advice, Roberto. This worked for me as well.

If this solution does not work, a workaround until the Mac App Store starts showing the update would be to download and use this version: https://downloads.agenda.com/Agenda_5.2.zip

I had the same problem, except that I had updated Agenda on my Mac, and needed to update the iOS version. In the end I had to delete and download the app again.

Glad to hear you got it working in the end, and again apologies for all the hassle. We don’t need to do these kind of synchronised releases often, but sometimes they’re unavoidable alas and unfortunately the update not yet showing in one of the stores is something in Apple’s control, not much we can do about it from this end :frowning: