No reminders syncing on iOS

What’s particularly strange is that Reminders aren’t even necessarily consistent on the same machine!

Here’s Agenda (correctly shows a repeating task as scheduled for tomorrow):

and here’s Reminders app on the same machine (which evidently thinks it’s still overdue from yesterday):

Inconsistency across devices I can kind of understand… but how it appears differently on the same machine is a complete mystery to me.

Oh, you mean Agenda had the correct data, and Reminders didn’t? Weird, but I guess possible, because they are both apps that use the CalendarStore service, and if Reminders has a bug or issue where it doesn’t update when CalendarStore updates, you could see this. Does point to CalendarStore not being the problem in this case. Ie sync is working, but Reminders app is not picking up the new data.

Correct.

Yeah I’m not sure where the blame is (although I believe it’s not with Agenda). Just another data point that apple reminders kinda sucks :slight_smile:

Well I was very close to finally ditching reminders all together (having begun to use the Reminders app a while back to simplify things). I did a quick check in GoodTask across my devices, and all of the data looks correct. It appears there’s some bugginess in the Reminders app itself. So anyone using the reminders integration in Agenda might be better served by GoodTask, or some other reminders client that’s not the native app.

Right. Agenda should work with any app using the built in Calendar Store, which is the database of events/reminders that is shared between all apps.

Hi Pat,

Tried it (GoodTask) like it!
Thanks.

Rob

1 Like