Navigating by keyboard

shortcut
workflow

It’ll be much faster in my workflow if I can do most things without using mouse. However, I found that it’s hard to navigating between projects & notes by keyboard.

Suggestions:

• It’d be nice if there are shortcut to focus to left side bar and let arrow keys to select project.
  • Or I see that Agenda has Jump menu. It’d be great if I can use shortcuts to open jump menu and use arrow key to select project/note.

I love the app. Even it’s new but I look at your roadmap, how quickly you guys response to feedbacks & release updates, I bought preimum plan and switch to Agenda from Quiver.
I’m really looking forward to your updates.

Open and closing the left and right sidebars is already possible with shortcuts (option-cmd-s and option-cmd-i), also going to “On the Agenda” (cmd-1) and “Today” (cmd-2) - what I use already a lot. But I agree the less I need the mouse the better.

And I certanly agree with your point on the responsiveness and feedback of the team. Quite exeptional and I also do highly appreciate this.

Thanks for the kind words guys. We’ll do our best to see if we can further improve keyboard navigation.

I’ve recently switched to Agenda (subscription) from just using a Visual Studio Code text editor (!). Loving it so far - great job!

One of the things I really miss is to be able to quickly navigate between projects or notes using just the keyboard. In VS Code you can jump between files by pressing cmd-P and then typing the name of the file (https://medium.com/statuscode/jumping-to-files-in-visual-studio-code-and-keeping-them-open-45d7b9d2f5).

It’s different than search in that it only searches filename, not file content. Having something like this in Agenda, that allows quickly jumping to a project or a note, would really speed up navigation.

I like the idea. We use Xcode, and I use that “Quick Open” feature a lot. Will note it down.
Thanks!