Multiple Agenda Container Folders

I downloaded Agenda several times recently before really getting started added notes to the application.

I now have three container folders in my Mac Library. Is this normal or a by-product of multiple installations? If this is not normal, is there a way to safely delete Agenda folders, files, etc. that are remnants of previous installations?

I’m not sure this is related, but the iOS version of Agenda is only showing one project (of the seven I have created on the desktop app.)

I’m using Agenda 16.0 on macOS Ventura 13.1.

There should be at least two containers, I believe. We did make a migration at some point to support extensions like sharing from other apps. I don’t think it is worth messing with that stuff. If you are not careful, you might remove the data.

If you are having sync problems, it is unlikely to be due to that.

Here is what I recommend for sync:

If you want to delete the Agenda data, you would have to do the following:

1. Update Agenda on all devices to Agenda 16.0
  2. Assuming you have all the data on your Mac, remove the iOS app completely, and install again from the App Store.

Make sure you are signed in to iCloud with the same account on each device, and that iCloud Drive is turned on. (iCloud Drive is very important, and many people forget this.)

Thanks for the reply. Could I export all my Projects and Files as an Agenda file and then do a complete uninstall of Agenda somehow beyond just deleting the app? I could then import the Agenda file…

It’s a bit risky to do that. What you could do is a more thorough reset. Here is how…

1. Turn off sync in Agenda on each device, removing the cloud data each time it asks you if you want to remove it.
  2. Delete the app on your iOS devices. Only do this if you know your Mac has all the data, because deleting your iOS apps also deletes their copy of the Agenda data.
  3. Quit the Mac app
  4. Click on Finder, and choose Go > Go to Folder
  5. Enter this ~/Library/Group Containers/WRBK2Z2EG7.group.com.momenta.agenda.macos/Release/Application (There is one space after Group, but no other spaces)
  6. You should see folders DerivedInfo, PersistentInfo etc
  7. Drag the DerivedInfo to the Trash
  8. Go into PersistentInfo, and drag any files beginning with “ChangeSets” to the Trash too
  9. Launch Agenda on Mac, and wait for your data to rebuild (a minute or two)
  10. Restart the app when it is finished
  11. Turn on the sync.
  12. Wait 10 minutes with Agenda just running, and the computer staying awake
  13. Now install on iOS, and enable the sync there too. Again, keep it awake about 10 minutes.

While the device is syncing, you should see clouds moving over the islands icon.

Thanks. I’ve done all this.

I do not see any clouds moving over the islands icon on the Mac and the iOS app is only letting me see one project.

On the Mac, can you try restarting the app, and making a few edits in notes.

You did turn on the sync in Agenda > Preferences, correct?

And you are signed into iCloud, with iCloud Drive switched on?