Moving Notes within the same dates is not being allowed

What I did:

1. Create a new project
  2. Add a note assign it today (Menu > Note > Assign To Today)
  3. Add another note assign it today (Menu > Note > Assign To Today)
  4. Move the note (Menu > Note > After Next Note)

What happened:
App shows a message that states “Dragging the note to its new location would leave it inconsistently sorted compared to the other notes with a date.”

What I expected:
The order of the notes should be allowed to change provided they have the same date. Suppose there 4 notes for today and 3 notes for yesterday, if the user is going to change the oder within the 4 notes of today then the user should be allowed to change the order. If the user moves the note below the first note of yesterday then that warninng message should be shown.

It is almost like treating each day as a seperate section and changing the order with in that section should be allowed. Moving notes accross the sections (different date) should be restricted.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Thanks for the detailed report, indeed it shouldn’t have to work like this, we’ll have a look. If you drag the note to the same location with the mouse instead of through the keyboard command, does it then work?

No the same message is shown to remove the date when tried with the mouse instead of the keyboard.

Are you able to replicate the issue at your end ? It happens consistently for me. Please let me know if you have trouble replicating the issue by following the steps I had mentioned earlier (Refer to the heading “What I did”)

Thanks, I can indeed, we’ll look into it.

Update: The 2.0 update of Agenda will allow reordering dates assigned to today (note that this is only true for new notes assigned to today, for technical reasons notes already assigned to today would have to be re-assigned to allow reordering)

Hi, I have the same type of issue only with selected dates, not todays date. I have the following list:

• 25 jun
  • 26 jun
  • 2 jul
  • 26 jun - 2 jul
  • 26 jun - 2 jul
  • 3 - 5 jul

I would really like to reorder the 2 jul event after the 26jun-2jul events. It will give me the pop-up that the date will be removed. I read that this goes for dates after the update. I have updated and re-dated the events with no change.
I hope there is a solution.
Sylvia

We’ll have a look Sylvia, thanks for reporting.
Alex