Moving lines via shortcuts

I just want to praise the new feature to move lines in a note via Shift-Ctrl-Up/Down: This is soo useful!

Agenda is where I manage all my projects, big and small, and it’s great now to just brainstorm the tasks I have to accomplish in order to get to a certain milestone and putting them in the most reasonable order afterwards on the fly.

Big LIKE!!! :+1:

8 Likes

Great to hear that Andreas!

2 Likes

Plus that. This is a feature I use constantly in Bear. It’s great to have it in Agenda, too.

I actually didn’t realize this was in the app, and it was so painful to not have it. I’m used to using editors and IDEs, and the shortcut isn’t the same as VSCode or JetBrains, so didn’t even think to search.

So glad I found this thread because this has been a huge pain point.

1 Like

YES!!!

I didn’t know about this either, and it’s something I use ALL THE TIME when editing text and have been hoping would make its way into Agenda.

So glad you posted this, I didn’t read the release notes closely enough :slight_smile:

Hey that’s really cool! Doesn’t seem to work on iPadOS - is there an alternative key for it?

Thanks!

ScottyJ

We haven’t added the commands to iPad yet. Will consider it.

so cool! Just found that. And Yes, I desperately need this on the iPad as well

Thank You!

On iPad the same keyboard shortcuts as on Mac will allow you to move the lines, I believe in version 11.2 already but otherwise in version 12.

Thank You for the fast reply - but I’m without keyboard on the iPad. I would love to have a long-tap for that or buttons in the toolbar

Drag and drop based reordering is something we’d like to add at some point, we don’t want to clutter the keyboard bar too much though, so less likely we’ll add buttons for it.

1 Like