More Options/Controls for Handwritten Notes

Loving Agenda coming from Onenote. My challenge is that I take all my notes using handwriting on my iPad Pro (yes, I’m old school). Do you see adding more features to the handwriting capabilities in Agenda? Some things that I’d like to see:

• Ruled paper background along with other background options
  • ability to annotate handwritten notes, i.e. add tags, links etc.
  • make handwritten notes searchable

I understand that there are many other handwriting apps that have these features, would love to be able to have Agenda be the “One Ring to Rule them All”!

Thanks!

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

The ruled backgrounds is a very common request. Would like to do something there.

Other things require handwriting recognition, which is expensive/challenging. We are hoping Apple will come to the rescue, perhaps even as early as today. If they do make it possible, we will make it a priority to add to Agenda.

Kind regards,
Drew

1 Like

Dearth of support for handwritten notes is the only thing that has kept me from adopting Agenda.

Backgrounds and tagging are high on the list and would not require handwriting recognition.

Searchable notes would be a high-priority nice-to-have, but not a deal breaker.

Are there any plans to beef up features on this front and on what timeline?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Drew,

Will handwriting OCR be possible with iOS16?

Thanks for making Agenda so incredible! :heart:

1 Like

No, it doesn’t seem Apple are making this available in this release unfortunately. Sorry.

Note that you can already enter typed text using handwriting, but that is different to OCR, where you extract text from an image.

like your feedback. i also want this options.

Have you considered licensing the MyScript engine from the guys at Nebo? Adding their handwriting-to-text interface to Agenda, even as an extra paid feature, would finally allow me to ditch OneNote (being able to effectively search my notes would be the cherry on the top).

We indeed did but it’s not an easy thing to fit with our licensing model, and also feel that on iOS/iPadOS the way forward would be to build on what Apple will – we assume – continue to improve.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Problems writing on iPad

Igualmente para mi, siguiendo con el hilo de la conversación, no he comprado la licencia de Agenda por no estar disponible la opción de escritura a mano con reconocimiento de texto OCR para tomar notas, espero que pueda desarrollarse en un futuro. Gracias por vuestro trabajo …