Menubar Quick Capture

Hi,
I would love to see a quick capture menubar app/window. This could be used to quickly write notes without having to open the app/note in complicated way. The new share window could be exactly the same to integrate into a menubar app/window. The sice, the content, the functionality is all that is needed in such a menubar app/window.

2 Likes

You’re reading our minds :upside_down_face:

Any updates here? @mekentosj this function would be so helpful for my workflow. In addition, if I could trigger the quick menu bar new note with a keyboard shortcut like the drafts app. I am excitedly waiting for agenda 14 hahaha checking multiple times a day over a note app to see updates and what’s comming. Thanks for a great product.

3 Likes

Hi There, any updates on this feature? Is it being tracked anywhere else?

No update at this point in time, it’s (still) on our shortlist.

1 Like

good feedback to have menubar quick capture. i like.

Having a good quick capture feature that allows for sorting the new note into the correct project would be incredibly useful.

Currently, I often find myself dumping my thoughts into inappropriate places, such as to-do lists or scraps of paper, because I want to quickly jot something down in the moment. This happens because taking an on-the-fly note with Agenda requires me to shift most of my attention to the app, instead of just capturing a quick thought.

Ideally, it would be possible to trigger a small pop-up window with a keyboard shortcut. This window would allow me to quickly scribble down a thought and then return to my work as soon as possible.

Things3 has a really useful quick capture feature for their tasks. Having something similar in Agenda would be tremendously helpful.

1 Like

I use Shortcuts to achieve this. I have a project called Inbox, and the shortcut could easily be triggered from the menu bar. You could probably add a step to prompt you to choose a project, but I just dump everything into the inbox and sort it later.

Here it is:

1 Like

I do ~the same but with KB shortcuts

The 1st pic is a Kbs in services
The 2nd is a clipboard pasted into 2 new notes opened w/the shortcut. The title is generated. Rename and start typing or paste.

Edit: Global KBS

2 Likes

Hello! May I understand how does that works? I’ve seen no shortcuts recommendations in my apple shortcuts. Where could I download agenda shortcuts, or is this made by you? The one frustration with agenda is unable to immediately quick draft sth like apple notes quick note feature.

Here is a link to download the shortcut I created.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/367a337f48f8400e919021c2e767e66c

Once downloaded, you will need to edit the final step to direct it to the project that you would like to insert the note into (I have a project called “Inbox” for this purpose).

If you are not familiar with Shortcuts, I would recommend searching for some tutorials on YouTube. I am not a programmer, so I have learned just by tinkering.

1 Like