Markdown Image Export

What I did:
I exported a note with multiple PDF images into markdown format, using both “Export to” and “Copy as”.

What happened:
The markdown file was created as expected, but all images were missing.

What I expected:
I expected the app to create an “img” folder containing the images and insert links to them using the standard markdown syntax. This way, the export is a bit useless to me as I am not able to get my image files out of the app.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
I am using the latest version of the app as well as the operating system. It was tested on macOS.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, with a sandboxed app like Agenda, this is actually tricky. We can export a single file, like the markdown with images in a zip file. Alternatively we can make you select a directory, and then export the separate things to that.

We didn’t support images in the beginning, and we didn’t get to update the markdown exporter, which explains why it isn’t there. We will add it to the list.

For now, you would probably have to drag/copy the images out separately. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your answer. Both options (zipped file or selecting a folder) would be ok for me, but I would prefer having a non-zipped file and thus prefer the latter option.

You could also consider adding an additional export format just like you do it with Rich Text.

Thank you so much for building this great tool!

How about using TextBundle format which is already adopted by several apps?

http://textbundle.org/

1 Like

This seems like a great option to me. I didn‘t know that this project existed. Thanks for pointing that out!

TextBundle looks interesting. We will consider that. Thanks!