Locking Entries From Being Edited

I’ve read that locking via password protection is on the roadmap and it will take some significant changes in the code, but this is not what I’m looking for. My request is a lot simpler.

Can we have an option to prevent certain entries from being edited?

I’ve noticed that once you touch (iPad version) an entry, it opens itself up to be edited. I’d like the option to prevent that from happening as making the entry ready to be edited may cause unintentional changes to the entry.

So, my “locking request” is to have a option per entry to prevent it from being edited, until a certain toggle button is changed. In other words, make the entry “read-only”.

If this feature is already available, please forgive my ignorance. I haven’t figured out how to do it.

Thank you!

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the feedback. We will think about this.

I agree with your entire quote especially the sentence above. But, as you suggest, I believe right now every note is subject to change if selected. If simpler to implement, I would suggest a user toggle in Settings for all or none to be editable and if none is selected then there be a toggle on each note (i.e., the word “Edit”) in order to edit.

1 Like

I agree. It would be nice to have such an option.
On iOS it happened to me several times that suddently I edited a note. Scrolling/to navigate through notes eems to be little too „fragile“.
Greetings,
Claus

Is there any news on this? As a moderator/chairman I use Agenda to prepare my notes for a live sessions. But then I don’t want to edit anything, I want to be able to press any links that I have in my notes to navigate around them.

No news for now, sorry. It’s on the list, but there are a number of higher priority items at the moment. Stay tuned!