Linking multiple notes to the same calendar event

+1. In most note taking apps I end up keeping a single note for an entire day, or a single note per calendar event. Agenda decouples the note from the date by letting you manually specify the date (allowing multiple notes to be grouped under a date, so each note can be on a specific topic). It’d be great to have that same functionality for calendar events.

I did as you explained but the link doesn’t work when I try to use it. It just places my curser in the text like I’m going to edit it rather than go to the linked note. It does appear to be a link, it just doesn’t go there. Any ideas?
Thx

I discovered if I hold the link, then release, a menu pops up and I can select Open and it works. Is that how it should work as opposed to a link you select and it just opens?

Yes, on iOS that’s the default behaviour Apple provides. Having said that, in the next release you should also be able to single tap a link to have it open as that’s what’s most people would indeed expect.

Thank you for the responses! Once I understood how, it works but it’s not too intuitive. Looking forward to the update when it comes.

Is there a way to return to the page it linked from short of adding a link at both sides?

Thanks…Enjoying the program! :+1:

Is there a way to return to the page it linked from short of adding a link at both sides?

You can use the history buttons in the sidebar (left panel at the bottom) to go back to where you were.

+1 I would really need this feature also!

+1 linking between notes is good to, but it seems more practical to link more notes to one event

See this topic for alternative solutions:

Not being able to link multiple notes to a calendar event is a clear flaw and misleading as advertised at time of download. It would be easier to open event in outlook and add multiple agenda items in note section of event. Also your description of your work around are vague and hard to follow. You need step by step instructions with screen shots.

I don’t believe we promise anywhere that you can link multiple notes to the same calendar event. Also from what you describe I have a feeling that you might even mean reminders or mixing up a single list item vs a single note. Therefore, perhaps easiest if you could give a concrete example of what you’d like to achieve for one of your calendar events, I can then better understand what you are trying to do and how this would work well within Agenda.

I would use the other way around: linking one notes to multiple caldener events. I use Agenda to keep track on which parts of the project I work on which time, so sometimes I don’t get one Agenda Note done and I would like to link this to a further calender entry e.g. on the next day when working on that. But its not super important, but would be a useful feature for me.

I would use the other way around: linking one notes to multiple caldener events.

That too is not something we will likely support, see the post we refer to above for more details on why etc.

My use case - I have biweekly and monthly meetings. Each meeting requires at least 3 notes -

1. ‘meeting prep’ note
  2. Actual meeting notes
  3. Post-meeting thoughts (mine and coworkers) and todos and next steps

It would be really hard to get to things quickly if all these 3 notes are inside a single Agenda note.

Here’s my ideal use: I make a ‘work’ category in the left sidebar. Then I make projects - for all the different projects’ biweekly meetings I have. Then I add notes to those projects so when I click on a project name it instantly shows me all the notes (this is possible right now). Finally, I want to click on the calendar meeting (for e.g. the meeting that happened last month or week) on the right sidebar to see all the notes I had for the meeting - this will give me an idea of how the meeting went and what was accomplished.

That final piece is what is missing. Hope this makes sense and I was able to explain clearly.

You’ll be happy to hear that starting from the next update you will be able to link multiple notes to the same calendar event.

6 Likes

Is there a date for this release?

We plan to have it go in beta testing the coming week, hopefully in everyone’s hand soon after (depending on how many things come out of that, fingers crossed).

Great news! Really looking forward to this feature. I applied for the beta. Would be happy to share my experience.

1 Like

Great news—I would love this feature! Trying to find the best use for Agenda in my life, and right now I’m primarily focused on meetings. This feature would make it a much stronger tool for me.

1 Like

Update: The ability to link multiple notes to the same event is now available in Agenda 6.0, learn more in Dates, Events, and Reminders

2 Likes