Linked events not appearing on calendar

What I did: create a “New note linked to event"

What happened: Note was created but there is no link in the calendar event on iCal linking to the Agenda note.

What I expected: I’m pretty sure that this used to work before (and quite recently) where if I created an event linked to my calendar (from the calendar view on the right-hand navigation panel) then it created a link in my calendar back to the note on Agenda. This was useful, but I seem to have lost it. Is this from a recent update, or something in my Apple settings?

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda 17.0.2
macOS13.1
Apple M1 Pro

Yes, that should work.

Have you opened the calendar app to see if things are OK there? Is there anything unusual about the calendar you are adding to? Eg. some calendars are read-only (eg Birthdays).

Yes, that’s how I know that the link back isn’t working :wink:

These are all work related events and our work calendar is on an Exchange server. Could that have anything to do with it?

Also, just ran a couple of tests - if it is an event that I create, then the link appears in the event notes on the calendar. However, if this another event that I have been invited to, then the link doesn’t appear. That (I think) makes sense to me as it’s a shared event of which I am not the owner. And it seems that even if I am the owner, if there is someone else invited to it, the link to the agenda note does not appear on the calendar invite.

Is this making sense?

Cheers,
Antonio

Ah, I think that explains it. Agenda will not add a link to a shared event, because that info would also go to other people. The link will only work for you, so it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to share it.