Linked event notes field

Hi,

I hope what I’m saying makes sense.

I’ve seen that once you link a note to a calendar event, a link to the Agenda note is created in the notes field of the calendar event. However, if I change the link to another calendar event and then link another note to the first calendar event, then the notes field of the first calendar event will have links to both notes.

Wouldn’t it be better if, after removing a link between a note and a calendar event, the notes field of that calendar event wouldn’t show the link to the previous Agenda note? I understand there may be other text in hte notes field, so ideally only the link to the Agenda note should be removed.

Thanks,
Rodrigo

This sounds like a bug because in principle this is how it should work, if you remove the link to a calendar event it should remove the link in the notes for that events. We’ll investigate why this isn’t working as it should. Thanks for reporting!

Somewhat related but is there anyway to have the Agenda URL created when linking notes to events to save in the ‘URL’ field of the event rather than at the top of the ‘Notes’ field on the actual events in Calendar?

Originally it was in the URL field, but as you can only have one URL per event, that proved a problem with events already containing a URL.

I had noticed that if you link a note to a specific event and this event included an other participant, the link will not appear in the notes field of the event. Is’t possible that the only way to see the link from the calendar is from event without participants?

Yes, that’s correct. The reason is that inserting that Agenda link would send a notification of an updated event to all invitees of that event. We have seen in the past that this is confusing and, even though they can’t do anything with the link as your notes are always private, leads to fear that somehow your notes would be shared with the invitees (which as said, is not the case). For these reasons we don’t insert Agenda urls in events with participants. Unfortunately it’s not possible to insert the link in a way that only you could see it but not the others.

Is there a way to choose what is pulled through to an Agenda note is linked to an event? I love that I can see the date/organizer/invitees, but the “notes” section of the calendar event itself is generally just dial-in numbers for the zoom call. Is there a way to exclude the part of the calendar event from coming through?

You can gain more control over what is exactly shown if you create a template using the event placeholders, and use it when linking an event to a new note as described here: Creating and Using Templates

1 Like