Limits to sync in free version?

What I did: Created new Project (have now 2 sample and 4 other projects)

What happened: 2 of the 4 Other Projects have synched. When I remove 2 Sample projects from one device, the other was immediately synchronised. But when I add a project beyond the first 2 in Other projects, they don’t synch.

What I expected: that it would synch. Is it a limit on the free version that only 2 new projects can be synched?

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda 1.4 - from Mac Store / free version
OS High Sierra
Macbook pro 2011 and Mackbook air

Have you seen sync work in both directions, or does it only work in one direction, ie from one mac to the other, but not back?

We have seen a few people have issues with individual Macs. The fix is usually just to go into System Preferences, into iCloud, sign out, and then sign in again with the same account.

Note that though we strive to have sync happen within just a few seconds, it can take a couple of minutes in some cases.

Drew

1 Like

Also just to clarify, there are no differences between using free version of Agenda and having paid features in terms of sync, nor are there any limits on the maximum number of synced projects in either version.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the responses.

Now it works. There was one project that it stubornly refused to sync. Then I created a new one, which syncs OK. I have transferred all the post to the new project and deleted the old one.

Now all works. Sync time is c. 30 sec.

Happy to hear it works. Was the non-syncable project one you created or one of the sample documents?

So far my categories are syncing between my Mac and iPhone, but the projects are not.

We have had a few similar reports, do the projects start to appear when you edit them on the device they were originally created? e.g. by adding or changing a note.

New here! Have searched FAQs and community but my iOS Agenda remains “empty” and not synced. I have built amazing projects in my Mac Agenda and know I will soon go Premium but for now, not having luck. Agenda does not show up on my phone as an app that is using iCloud. Any ideas? Thanks, all!

Make sure you are signed in to iCloud with the same account on each device, and that iCloud Drive is turned on.

If that doesn’t help, here are some other things to check: Syncing between desktop and iOS

Lastly, some companies block iCloud, so you might need to check if that is the reason sync is not working for you.

Hi! After turning ICloud Drive on and off on my Mac, and enabling iCloud Drive on my phone, one page updated. Then I turned off both devices, turned them back on, and the Agenda app on my phone was populated with everything I’d built in Mac. Good luck! It’s a great feeling when it all shows up! Kim

1 Like

Hi,

You must be exhausted. I’m still not synced. I’ve read everyone else’s stuff and I’m going to shut down all devices and turn them on, etc. until it works. It seems really close, and I do after three days love the app. I hope you continue to show a lot of patience. And thank you.

It looks like it worked in the end but your messages came in in reverse order (I hope :D)? Let me know if you’re all set now.

You are great, and I am set. This app turned the first two weeks of work (I’m building a new community center and cafe) into a managable, approachable set of notes, timelines, and decisions. THANK YOU! I cannot fathom how I was going to manage in Excel, Notes, Reminders, Pages, Numbers, etc. Moving to PREMIUM today, and going to even add my photo to my profile.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant to hear! Thank you for your support!