Limits to number of notes

Is there a limit to the number of notes Agenda can handle before it becomes sluggish and cumbersome?
I would like a place to put all my notes

1 Like

How many notes are in the set “all my notes”?

around 10,000

That’s a lot of notes for a single project. Agenda will probably struggle with that.

In general, Agenda can handle a lot, but you need to spread notes out over different projects. If everything is in a single project, it will slow down.

I’m getting the spinning beach ball, but don’t have any project with more than maybe 25 notes. I do have some categories with multiple projects, but probably no more than 30 or so. Is there a way to tell how many notes I have overall?

Do some of these notes contain a very large amount of text, very large attachments or tables perhaps?

Not a lot of texts, but what might a very large attachment be?

I’m wanting to use Agenda as the main place I store things (including documents that relate to a person or event). Is there a better way than just to add them to the note?

A single document in a note should not generally be a problem. If you put many documents (eg 50) in a single note, that might slow it down.

If you can find some pattern for when this beachball appears, it might help us find the issue. There could even be a single note that has some form of corruption in it.

It may be worth trying this to remove the preferences file:

1. Click on Finder
  2. Choose Go > Go to Folder
  3. Enter this exactly
    ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences
  4. Drag com.momenta.agenda.macos.plist to the Trash.
  5. Restart the Mac.

Many thanks. I’ll keep an eye out for any patterns, if it starts again.

Love the app!

1 Like