iPad Pro pencil

As I’m not running the iPadOS 14 beta then my POOR understanding is that there’s two ways to add a new line with Scribble:

FIRST OPTION
Just like with Nebo, add a vertical line in between the last character and before whatever text follows; one first vertical line for adding a blank in-line space and then a second vertical line for the carriage return you seek

SECOND OPTION
In between two words, tap and hold on the blank space. All the text afterwards jumps one line forward in order to let you insert new text; once converted automatically to typed text, what got pushed down jumps back to the original position after inserting the text.

Video explains this better (from 04:07 to 04:32):

By the way, Scribble is for now available only for three languages: English, Chinese (both systems) and Cantonese. Hopefully, when iPadOS 14 is published, perhaps more languages will be supported ???

See at 01:37 mark here:

@joseantoniolopezpaye unfortunately, none of those options inserts a new line.

Thanks for the info. Useful, though seems like it might not solve all the problems.

Re: languages. Don’t hold your breath there. I suspect it is quite a task to train the recognition engine for a new language. Apple will probably add more next year.

Nebo - recognition of handwritten notes for Polish language works perfect. If I could have it in Agenda I’ll be more than happy :slight_smile: I know I’m referring to quite old posts but I did try to write something with Apple Pencil in Agenda today and it is not working for Polish at all :frowning: I got some hope that it will be possible in future. Would be good if I could link my Nebo handwritten note to Agenda note, just to see it in one place.

Apple only support Chinese and English at this point, but more languages are coming.

Nebo is commercial. They have their own engine, which is expensive to license. We don’t want to have to raise our prices to do that, so we are sticking with Apple, and hope they improve things going forward.

Thanks for the feedback!

I love Nebo as well (if they only recognized Hebrew!). I’ve been writing in Nebo and sharing to Agenda to store the notes. It isn’t perfectly seamless but it works for me.

Hi. What do you mean by sharing? Can you describe your process step by step?

As far as I know you can run Nebo as a separate app, and move the text into Agenda when it is written.

There are also keyboards you can write on to enter text directly into Agenda on iOS. Eg Marzec. Quite a few discussions on this in the community, with links to various tools.

Start here-

2 posts were split to a new topic: Markup on PDFs

My unexpected use of the Pencil v2 is to work painfully through the knots in my plantar fasciitis each morning prior to getting up.