Invisible (L)ink

What I did: With the cursor on a new line, I right-clicked on the empty line and attempted to create a link to a note in another project.

What happened: There is no link. When I hover over the line the cursor changes to a pointer, but there is no visible text. When I click on the line with the pointer nothing happens.

What I expected: I expected a hyperlink to appear. Something… anything.

What the developers probably expected: The developers probably expected me to select a word and then create the link on the selected word. I just tried that and it works. But I’m kind of dumb like that… :wink:

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 9.1.2, MacOS Mohave.

I had exactly this the other day! What I wanted to happen was for the ‘insert link’ command to paste in the title of the other note as hyperlink.

The context is, that in a note I’ll want to write something like:

The next thing to do is revise [Note of meeting with X]

But when I’m writing that, I don’t know the title of that note, so I can’t type it out. I just use the right click menu to navigate to it.

Hmm, I can’t reproduce this.

If I have the cursor at the start of a line, right click, and choose a different note, it inserts the note title and link.

Can you try this with 9.1.3 and let us know if it still is a problem?

It appears to be working as expected in 9.1.3. Thanks for the response!

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Feb 2022: this bug is occuring for me now, two years after it first cropped up. When I select the “invisible text” and paste it into a document, the actual link appears But it is invisible and unclickable within Agenda.

We have a lot of changes to links and text coming in Agenda 14, which may change things.

Can you be more specific about the problem you see. Does this happen every time? With every link? Only specific links? Perhaps when copying from a particular web page?

It’s clear that links in general work, otherwise we would have many, many complaints. So there must be something specific about the link in question that causes the issue.

It seems to be hit or miss with the invisible links. When I select insert to navigate to another Agenda document, I can navigate to the desired note, select it and once selected, I return to the note that I am placing the link in. Rather than showing the title of the selected linked document, the cursor flickers for a bit and then stops flickering. There is nothing to see visibly where the link should be, but when I click on the general area, it takes me to the linked document. I can’t say that something specific I am doing generates this bug: I’d say that out of five links I create, three of them are invisible due to this bug.

As Drew mentioned, link creation and editing should be a lot more reliable in Agenda 14, hopefully resolving the issues you describe.

1 Like