Integration with Contacts/Address Book

+1 for integration with MacOS/iOS contacts

The more I think about it, the more this would change everything for me. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but it opens so many useful opportunities for workflows. Hope any work on this is going well!

3 Likes

+1 from me for integration with Mac OS Contacts.app.

Hi,

Any news on contact iintegration? Iā€™m using CardHop for now but would like to switch to Appleā€™s contacts app.

Rob

No news for now, Iā€™m afraid. Itā€™s in the list, for sure, but is competing with some other high profile projects as well.

1 Like

Yes this is a feature I would love to have as well. I have some contacts with very unique names that i have spelled differently with each @ (yikes). Linking it to my address book would solve this.

We have plans to allow more flexible options for tag and person names in the relative near future. Contact book integration is planned, but is a bigger project for later.

3 Likes

Is today already relative near future? :wink:

Nope :slight_smile: If I could wave a wand and do all these things, I would. Unfortunately it is all a lot of work, and takes time. Even things that seem easy from a user perspective may involve complications internally due to sync or whatever.

Stay tuned. It really is in the relative near future. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Give us dates! :smiley:

Looking forward to test it!

I also want to chime in on how useful this feature would be. Standardizing person tags and meeting attendees and tying them to contact records would make it faster and easier to find notes by person, see what meetings a person participated in, and pull up the personā€™s contact details from within Agenda. Getting the integration right certainly sounds like a big project but it would be just as impactful as Reminders integration if not more so!

Itā€™s actually just crept up our roadmap too, so it should not be too long until we get to this. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

I would love this feature as well

Hi, any updates? Any info to share?

Maybe an ETAā€¦ thx!!

Itā€™s in the top 5 things we want to add next, but too early to call an ETA yet Iā€™m afraid.

2 Likes

Was wondering about the timeline for Contacts integration. Would be very useful.

Canā€™t give a definitive time line, but it is high on our to-do. We hope to do this when we tackle a people tag browser similar to the existing tag browser.

4 Likes

This request to add integration with Contacts has been around since 2018, with claims ā€œits on the roadmap.ā€ At this point I believe that youā€™re not going to do it, am I correct? I need to make a decision to find another app if youā€™re plans are to not integrate with Contacts.

Just about all requests have been waiting since 2018, when we released the app. Within a few weeks, every possible feature gets requested. It then takes many years to develop the features, each time choosing what we think offers the best way forward.

Contacts integration is definitely still in our roadmap, and will probably be added together with a tag like browser. (We couldnā€™t have done this before, because the tag browser is relatively new.) I canā€™t give a time line because we are working on other projects ATM. If this is essential to you, you could try to find another tool. Not sure other note apps have any better integration TBH