Insert Date Anywhere

Hi -
Im looking to be able to insert the date anywhere in my document quickly and easily. Would love to have the pop up calendar just come up when I type two slashes // - and have it default to todays date if I hit enter.

Type in // and the date picker pops up - I hit enter, defaults to today’s date with my pref format.

• 4/11
  • 04/11/19
  • March 11th

I need this for my One On One’s and Agile Meeting Notes! :wink:

3 Likes

Or Devs, please embrace TextExpander!!!

We have looked at it, but it was more involved to add than we thought. Our text handling is quite custom, because we have the markdown shortcuts etc, so it is not completely clear we can easily use their library. Will investigate when we get a chance.

Sounds like Confluence syntax. I‘d like to seen tasks also handled in Agenda like in Confluence.
The combination of picking a date with „//„, adding a person tag with @ to create a task is great in Confluence!

1 Like

@stz You are correct. That is exactly where I learned it from.

Hi,

I have noticed that, probably in preperation for the upcoming reminders feature, the /remind slash-command is partially implemented (it is detected but doesn’t do anything yet).

Would it be possible to use this method to enable features like the one requested here? like:
/date(tomorrow) → 07-05-2019

Or get even crazier:
/time(one hour from now) → 19:50
/contact(me, mobile) → 06-12345678
/contact(Tim Cook,website) → http://www.apple.com
/snippet(to-do) → some piece of text named “to-do”

I don’t know how this is implemented but if it is possible to add commands like that the sky is the limit :slight_smile:

:smiley: you’re a mind reader, this is indeed the direction we’re taking. There are a bunch of other items we have to get off the list first though, stay tuned…

just add my +1 to this feature. Just to note, this feature ties in with some other features that some others requested (Automatically dating notes [at least at the project level] and having a timeline view for aiding in spotting history, trends, problems, effort, etc.). This feature request ties in with the most detail level idea I had in “The option to automatically date notes” feature request I replied to. Thanks again for this awesome program

1 Like