iCloud backup

Please correct me if there is an easy way to do this that I am missing

I’ve noticed a couple of comments stating that people have lost their notes when switching between iCloud and Dropbox. I assume support for other cloud providers could be provided in the future.

It would be nice for a backup file (proprietary or otherwise) be saved in iCloud drive or whichever cloud provider is used. Based on how dropbox works, I assume that is probably already how that integration works. Now it would also be nice if that file could then be imported back in if all notes were lost like has happened to others. I’ve started taking more vital notes in Agenda since really deciding that it is the best option for me and would hate to lose them.

At the moment we recommend using a back service like Time Machine, Arq or similar. Both iCloud and Dropbox are sync services and can’t be really considered a backup of your data (accidentally erasing something on one machine will propagate to all other machines for example). One additional thing you can do is export your projects as Agenda files (File > Export), and then keep those “frozen states” in a safe place.

So, in the event of some catastrophic failure (however unlikely) from Agenda, one could restore from files backed up via Time Machine?

Can Agenda export more than one project at once in this way? I’ve got a couple dozen projects at this point, and making a manual backup / archive this way would be a bit time consuming.

So, in the event of some catastrophic failure (however unlikely) from Agenda, one could restore from files backed up via Time Machine?

Yes, exactly.

Can Agenda export more than one project at once in this way? I’ve got a couple dozen projects at this point, and making a manual backup / archive this way would be a bit time consuming.

Yes, in principle you can shift or command select projects, but upon import they would be imported in a single project, so depends how important you would find loosing the project hierarchy.