I can't update my data via iCloud

What I did:
I create some notes in my macos app, but nothing update to my ios app.
What happened:
nothing update to my ios app.
What I expected:
the notes update between ios app and macos app…
Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

I use the same icloud account.
And I log in the app with my own email account instead of the AppleStore emaill account.

And I cannot use the dropbox to update(region reason)

4 Likes

+1 I’ve got the same problem. I can’t say if it’s MacOs Monterey issue or Agenda issue.
I’ve reinitialized both iCloud and Agenda accounts, but it still doesn’t think between my devices

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution for you.

I do wonder if it would be possible at some point for Agenda to use CloudKit to sync instead of file-based iCloud sync (and I must admit I’m not certain what Agenda uses, or if I’ve gotten the terminology right). I have noticed it’s pretty common for apps that sync via files frequently get “stuck”, which is a result of delayed iCloud syncing. Whereas apps that sync via the CloudKit API fare much better.

Agenda does already use CloudKit, not file based iCloud sync.

When cloud sync seems to stall, it is usually just taking a while to download the data. If there is sync from iOS to macOS, that means iCloud is setup properly. Most likely, you have to let the Agenda app on macOS run for a bit to finish the download of all the data. Then it will upload properly for iOS. It will only upload when it has downloaded all the data.

You can tell if it is still busy, because you will see the sync icon flashing in the top right of the window.

Gotcha. So, why does iCloud Drive need to be enabled to use iCloud syncing with Agenda? My understanding is that CloudKit is all API-based, so that you’d be able to use it even with iCloud Drive off. But my understanding is also that Agenda requires you to enable iCloud Drive to sync.

(Clearly I’ve never developed for Apple platforms)

Yes, you are quite right. We do require iCloud Drive to be on, but that is because it has to be on for CloudKit as well as file sync. Not that logical, I guess, but from Apple’s perspective, it is all cloud storage, and they charge by the total cloud storage, including CloudKit. So iCloud Drive is a catch all for all of your cloud storage, and it has to be on to use any of it. (File sync is just built on CloudKit too now.)

Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Sync problem

soga,i will try your way

我也是这样 ! 我还购买了内购!气死