Huge gap after pressing enter to jump on next line

Hello!

Could you please remove this huge gap down after pressing Enter in Agenda? If I will need to make it separate by moving it away I always could do so my pressing enter couple of times.
But often you need just to leave 1 short sentence and start new one close to it, but as it works now it’s looks like different sentence already.

2 Likes

I agree. There is too much empty/„white" space between/around the text ….

5 Likes

Pressing enter creates a new paragraph, and paragraphs get a bit of extra spacing.

It sounds like what you are making is more of a list. If you use a bullet/dash list for this, the spacing is more consistent with short pieces of text.

On the Mac, you can also use line breaks, which are not the same as paragraph breaks. To make a line break, hit CTRL-Enter. The spacing is the same then as if it were the same paragraph (because it is the same paragraph).

Just to say that I really appreciate the current set up where return inserts space between paragraphs. Good to know about the possibility of line breaks though!

Yes, I understand it.

But I’m not always interested in starting new paragraph. Sometimes I just wanna jump to the next line, like I can in any other app, mail, notes and so on. And if I need a new paragraph I can double tap enter as always.

Shaikhov R.

We deliberately didn’t go the double enter for new line way. We wanted a more document like appearance for notes, ie, an editor more like Pages than like Notes.

I encourage you just to investigate the list styles. They are very easy. For a bullet, just type a dash and then start typing the first item. It will convert to a list. That’s what I use for all short pieces of text.

Ok, if you and a lot of people like this style, maybe you could add any hot key combination so we can sometimes use it old style? By pressing enter+ something?

Shaikhov R.

I wouldn’t call it “old style”, more like “web style”. In any case, there is a shortcut: CTRL-Enter will give you a new line with out a new paragraph.

How about in iOS?

2 Likes

Yeah! That’s what I needed, thank you so much for taking time to help!

Yes, iOS needs this option to

1 Like

Our plan is to add the ability to do the same in iOS too

2 Likes

Sounds good! Will be waiting for it.

Update: In the next iOS release we’ll have the ability to add a soft-enter by typing ctrl-return, just like on the Mac. Unfortunately this is only possible with a hardware keyboard, the onboard keyboard doesn’t allow us to do something similar with the caps locks key enabled alas. We’ll think about adding a button to insert a soft-enter instead.

Agree, that would be cool :slight_smile:

Hello, did you find any solution on iOS without keyboard?

1 Like

Hello, did you find any solution on iOS without keyboard?

See above:

1 Like