How to search and replace in Editor (Mac)?

I wounder how I could search and replace in a note?

It this function really not existing?

4 Likes

We don’t support find and replace at the moment I’m afraid, perhaps in a future update.

For a note taking app it’s somewhat odd that this feature is missing. I would really love to see it.

Noted, we’ll do our best to add it at some point, no promises regarding when though I’m afraid.

2 Likes

I want—so, badly—to submit a PR to make this feature a reality.

I just went to replace text and couldn’t! Could this feature please be added? :slight_smile:

Really supprised me that a global search and replace text is missing. Just wanted to clean up tags with search replace, but no luck.

Please add this feature

Yeah. I love Agenda. But let’s be honest about how sad this is. How is it that that in 2020 a leading Mac app has no search and replace? This feature has been around since I started using computers back in the 1980s.

Here’s what we need:

1. Search/replace in a note
  2. Global search/replace

I love all the new features. But this one should have been there from the beginning.

1 Like

Keep in mind that Agenda is not a text editor, it’s a note taking app, which means it’s not as high of a priority as some other things, sorry.

First time log in to say: @mekentosj My imports from the macOS Notes app are riddled with &lt and &gt and &quot and so one. I am test-driving Agenda right now and would like to know how you would fix all those escaped characters without a search and replace function? They’re really really ugly and I don’t like to look at my notes like that.

Thanks for reporting it. We will see if we can improve it in future.

The import from Apple Notes will never be perfect, unfortunately. Apple Notes sends Agenda basic data, but it is incomplete. For example, we can’t see if something is a standard list or a checklist. And attachments are not available.

I would love to have this feature to be able to replace a “Name” with a “@name”. That way finding people who are tagged in a note is easier.

1 Like