How do you insert plain text before a link?

What I did: pasted a link at the start of a line, then tried to insert text before it

What happened: the text I typed became part of the link

What I expected: for there to be some way to insert text before a link at the start of a line

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 17.0.2 (271), macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Strange, for me this works just fine. If you’re at the end of the line, cursor after the link, and hit control-A, then type, does it still became part of the link?

It seems like this behaves differently depending on whether the link is at the start of the note, bizarrely – if I create a blank note, paste a link in, wait for it to grab the title, then hit ctrl-A (or cmd-left) and type, the new text becomes part of the link, but if I do the same thing at the end of an existing note it doesn’t.

There’s also some weird behaviour if you delete all note text and then immediately start typing again; if you make a new note, paste a link, wait for the title to appear, then cmd-A backspace and then immediately start typing, the new text is still a link, but if you wait ~10 seconds before typing again (or click in the empty textbox first) the new text does not become a link.

Thanks for the detailed investigation. This certainly points to certain things for us to look at. We’ll see what we can do.