Hazel

Does anybody here use Hazel for the Mac? I have been using it for a couple of years, and its awesome, just wondering if some creative soul, has found an interesting way to integrate Hazel with Agenda?

1 Like

That’s an interesting question. Hazel looks at things going on in files and folders, and since we do not interact with those directly when using Agenda, I’m not sure if there’s a role for Hazel. On the other hand, there’s definitely a role with Agenda for macro-based or text-completion utilities like TextExpander, Typinator, Keyboard Maestro.

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking a role could be tagging certain files, from (clients in my case) to attach to notes previously opened and in Agenda. So for example response to emails, anything to do with a specific project with that specific client, etc…

Hazel is able to run AppleScript or JavaScript actions when executing rules. That way it should be possible to leverage Agendas x-callback-url interface in order to create notes or append file attachments to existing notes based on files that fulfill certain criteria. Needs a bit of tinkering though…

I use this to export notes as Markdown and automagically copy to the clipboard a list of open tasks. Once per week or so I do some analysis of my pending tasks with Focus Matrix.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool, it’s a great solution. So that Apple script you have on the Hazel Download Panel is what I need to get into the agenda callback URL, and from there open on agenda overview? That would be cool, once in the agenda, I can assign to a specific project or client. Thanks!

don’t have Focus Matrix, but looked it up, and seems quite interesting. Thank you

1 Like