I’ve been looking forward to the integration of Reminders with Agenda. Now it’s arrived, I’m trying to come up with an effective work flow. I’ve been using GoodTask, but I’d really like to ditch it and use the Agenda integration (not because GoodTask isn’t brilliant, but because I’d prefer to minimise number of apps)
Until now, my general approach to reminders is:
- to create a reminder without a due date (unless there is a very obvious deadline)
- at my daily review each morning, I mark the tasks I plan to work on today with a tag in GoodTask ( #tgt - ie my targets for the day)
- They then appear in a Smart List in GoodTask that I’ve called ’Todays Tasks’
- When I check them off in GoodTask they disappear from Todays Tasks
I find this works well for me. Ideally, I’d like to do all of this inside Agenda.
I’ve only had a quick play with the reminders integration, but I’m a bit puzzled how I can apply this workflow in Agenda, because:
- I can’t see how to create an undated Reminder in Agenda
- If I create a Reminder in Agenda with a tag, the # disappears from the text when it is added to the Reminders app
- [edited to add] I can’t see how to view all Reminders in Agenda. I had expected a Reminders pane, like the Calendar pane.
If this is the case, I need to adapt my reminders workflow - which I’m quite happy to do, if I can find another way of acheiving something similar.