Getting a warning about permission to save the files in a folder

What I did:

1. File > Export > Markdown (or any type)
  2. Select a location on your drive
  3. Choose ‘Select Category’
  4. Choose ‘Each Note in a Single File’
  5. Click ‘Save’

What happened:

It appears that the export is attempting, but then you get the message.

“You don’t have permission to save the file “CHECKLISTS” in the folder “CHECKLISTS”.
To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.”

What I expected:

I expected a folder to be created and the exported files added to the folder.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda 14.1.1
macOS Monterey 12.5
MacBook Pro 16 inch (2019), 1 TB, 16 GB
I just formatted the hard drive and reinstalled macOS Monterey.

Thanks for your help!
Terry

Hello, does anyone from Momenta have any idea about this issue?

Well, I guess I will remove the app and cancel subscription since I cannot get any response from the developers.

They’re a very small team @terryhatmaker - I suspect they just missed your post. Hold on for a bit - I’m tagging @drewmccormack for you!

1 Like

Thanks

@drewmccormack
I just went back to see if this would work on an external drive and it did. So, I tried on my Desktop again and exporting is working again with the creation of folders! Not sure what happened to it to work again. This is fixed.

Ah, glad to hear you managed to solve it! Let me know if you find out more about why it didn’t work before.

1 Like

Having the same issue here, but no resolution yet. Trying to export notes gives a permissions error. I’ve changed the folder permissions and that does not fix the issue.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda 16.1 (263)
macOS Monterey 12.6.1
MacBook Pro 16 inch (2019), 500GB, 64 GB RAM

Some further clues: This seems to be an issue with any folders associated with iCloud. E.g. the Desktop…

Does restarting the device help? Is your iCloud working properly for files?

We did add things to Agenda to help this, and we thought it was working OK now.

This is unfortunately a known issue related to exporting a project or notes as muliple files, e.g. one file per note. It’s also related to which system you’re on, it’s a sandbox limitation that seems to have been more strict in macOS 13 compared to previous releases. Finally, it’s seems to be depending on the location you save to.

The workaround is that it seems to always work if you export to the Downloads folder as we have general permission to create folders there. In the mean time we’ll investigate whether there are more ways to work around the issue.

Any news on this, @mekentosj? It just hit me when I tried to export a whole project as TextBundle to an iCloud folder.

No news yet, but as stated above, the workaround is to export to the Downloads folder and move it in the Finder from their to the final destination.