Footnotes are always considered “not done"

What I did: Enabled the “Show not done” filter

What happened: Agenda displays footnotes that are marked as done

What I expected: Agenda doesn’t those footnotes

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda 13.0, MacOS 10.15.7

p.s. I am curious about how the beta works. I would like to help test and find things sooner - I’m just hesitant because Agenda is such a critical tool for me, I don’t want to introduce instability or just interrupt my work. So if there’s a safe way for me to participate, I’d be happy to - otherwise I’ll just contribute here based on my experience using the released versions.

Thanks for reporting, I have an idea where this is coming from, noted.

Regarding the betas, we can never exclude things can go wrong, but just to give you an idea, the moment we publish a beta Drew and I switch to the beta for our own production library of Agenda, which we live in day and night, so in that sense we do very much consider the betas needing to be very safe once we do public releases of them.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @Pat_Maddox!

I’m experiencing the same thing (Agenda 13.0 MacOS 11.3.1). But it wasn’t obvious to me that the false positives were incomplete footnotes. When I right-mouse-click on those notes I’m prompted to “Make into a Footnote” even though those notes already have that state. Maybe I should file that as a separate issue, or maybe it’s related?

Anyhoo, when I chose “Make into a Footnote” the false positive note would disappear from the filtered view. (So it would seem that “Make into a Footnote”, though incorrectly named, had the desired behavior of removing the “footnote” state from those false positives.)

Update: This should be fixed in the next Agenda (13.1) update.