Exporting Notes with Date Created

Hi there, I’m wondering if there is a way to export a project so that the individual notes (exported as separate files) have a date associated with them?

My use case is to have these notes in a database (Notion or similar app) so that I can track them as tasks. I’m currently able to export them as markdown, but there is no date associated with markdown files, and it would be a lot of work to look at each individual note to see when the creation date was to enter it manually.

From what I’ve seen on here, I can possibly export as Agenda format (which is JSON) and convert that to CSV somehow…which I gave a shot at and can see the “date” string, but really have no clue how to convert this properly.

Any help would be much appreciated and if someone can write a script to accomplish this I’d be happy to pay :slight_smile:

Thanks!

What I did: Exported notes as agenda (JSON).

What happened: Had no clue how to convert / extract the creation dates and keep all note content in one column.

What I expected: To be able to export notes with a creation date associated with it (ideally as CSV with note content in one column)

Hi Miles,

At the moment there’s no format that really captures this in a standardised way (there’s no standard format that people have agreed on), perhaps the best way is to use the Agenda shortcuts using the Shortcuts app, have you given that a try? See Agenda Shortcuts and Reference