Exiting Things 3 and going all in with Agenda

Version 9.0 with Sidebar reordering, Bin, Subcategories, and Archives

Before Agenda I was a heavy OmniFocus user. With Agenda, I moved all my project based checklists into Agenda, which left just “take out the trash” type stuff in OmniFocus. I figured OF was overkill for that stuff, so I now have those type of recurring events all in Reminders app. Reminders is not as powerful as OF, but for that type of thing, it works OK.

3 Likes

GoodTask!

1 Like

integrate OF in agenda like reminders! please!

2 Likes

It’s not so easy. We would have to completely rewrite the integration for each app, because they have their own system.

We chose Reminders because every app has access to that reminders store and can work with it. In fact, I believe Things can also work with that, so you can probably integrate with Things that way. Not sure about OF though.

4 Likes

I know this, is a big work, can be a really great work but integrate OmniFocus3 or things3 in Agenda make grow Agenda for really! please considerate this!

1 Like

Agree Sorted3 has pulled up to Things, beyond in terms of Calendar integration and being able to manage (check as complete or edit) tasks not just in Today. To me the best solution is an app like Agenda or Bear that is good at notes linked into Things tasks or Sorted3 tasks, on in the case of Sorted3 calendar events too.

@aleemali has shared a follow up on his thoughts from July 2019, in this post:

3 Likes