I’ve been tinkering with Agenda, on and off, for the past 6 months and I’ve finally decided to go ‘all in’.
Up to this point my Task GTD app has been Things 3 with Bear as the attachments / notes repository. I have to be honest, I’m a little nervous (yes, first world problems and all that).
Things 3 is truly beautiful. Some of the subtle features such as number of days left (to a deadline) and its unobtrusive, clean interface will be missed. But it’s also arrogant in its beauty. No attachments and no genuine notes integration - also make it infuriating.
There are so many things I like and admire about Agenda:
- the entire concept / approach to note-taking and project management
- the interface / design - On the Agenda, Date Ranges, Pin to top, Notes Panel etc.
- Developer’s commitment to the product and transparent roadmap
- Support response
- integration with Reminders (esp. in the light of iOS 13 and flagged improvements)
There are a few things that I am anticipating (and until they are addressed will continue to cause me to pine for Things 3 / my previous Workflow):
- Lack of share sheet (sharing emails, files etc. to Agenda even with Shortcuts is truly clunky and time-consuming, at best)
- Updated Reminders App (I don’t want to jump to GoodTask because I think the updated version will address most of the functionality)
- Manual ordering of categories and projects. (The whole alphabetical thing doesn’t work for how I order my workflow) Yes, there are hacks - characters, YYMMDD (date order) etc. but they shouldn’t be necessary - and, again, get in the way
- Advanced searching such that a saved search in Overview (great feature, by the way) could make Agenda a genuine task management tool
Until then, I’ll make the best of it - because I’m truly excited by the likelihood of Agenda being my primary Project, Notes and GTD App.
Has anyone else made the jump and gone ‘all in’ with Agenda?