Email linking

What I did: Drag an email from either the Mac Mail or Spark inbox, or from the Mac Mail email to either the body of a note or the title of a project

What happened: nothing

What I expected: I expenced that the email would be copied to, or linked to, the note.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 2.3 (40), macOS Mojave, 10.14 Beta, Mail Version 12.0 (3445.100.38), Spark 2.0.10.555

if you use Spark you can create a link of an email on Spark and paste it on a note of Agenda. This link send you directly to the text of the email on a Spark server. I found it quite helpful.

I believe this in part is an issue on the beta 10.14, if you take a single email in a thread (important as it won’t work with a dragged thread of emails) from Mail and drag it in Agenda it should create a link. Also important, drag and drop at this moment only work if you are editing the note you are dragging the item into (i.e. have a blinking cursor).

2 Likes

Hello,
First Wonderful app!
Linking emails by drag-drop is not working properly. It add the message id but doesn’t create a proper link with email subject like default Notes app does on iPad iOS.
I understand you’re working to fix this, right?

Yes, this should be fixed in the next update, @drewmccormack can you confirm?

1 Like

Yes, I just fixed this. It is in the current beta, and will be in our next update.

1 Like

Brilliant!

One more thing, any plans to support file attachments?

Best Regards,
Emam

Attachment and images support is in beta, we hope to release it within the next few weeks.

1 Like

You made my day!

Best Regards,
Emam

1 Like

Thanks for fix - brilliant. However the link shows “Show in mail”, not the mail subject like in Apple note.

Mail doesn’t provide us the subject in the way we currently use it. There might be ways to improve this that we’ll investigate indeed.