Edit note in its own popup window

Would it be possible to add a function to open a note in its own popup window? Bear has that. Very nice if you need to concentrate on a single piece of text.

1 Like

Hi Ton,

We have some thoughts in this direction, we need to think this through a bit.

Any new developments on this subject? This is a great way to work on a single note without all the context. Bear’s approach is pretty great here. Very handy.

1 Like

It’s not on our highest priority list at the moment, sorry, iOS version first…

Ok, understand the ‘iOS first’ priority. But I thought Agenda shared the same foundation as Findings, and Findings already has this option.

But I thought Agenda shared the same foundation as Findings, and Findings already has this option.

This seems to become a common misunderstanding, this is not true. It shares the lowest level database layer called PARStore, but above that there’s not really anything shared.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. They look pretty much alike to me, UI-wise. Anyway: no problem to wait a bit longer…

They look pretty much alike to me, UI-wise. Anyway: no problem to wait a bit longer…

Definitely, we work together and share the same designer (@wrinklypea), lots of ideas and cross-pollination for sure, but no much shared code (for a variety of reasons), so it’s not a matter of flipping a switch to bring a feature over alas.

With the ‘sidebar’ and ‘related’ both hidden, you’ve pretty much got a single note view once the note is bigger than one screen. Each of these have a separatre hide/show command, perhaps a ‘hide both’ option?

+1 for this feature. It’s always good to be able to focus on one note at the time when taking notes during a meeting, especially if you are sharing your screen and don’t want all your notes to be visible to everyone.

1 Like

Good idea, would be nice to have such an feature.

It’s been nearly a year since this discussion (and related discussions in a couple of other threads) took place. I am hoping for any updates regarding whether this is planned. However much I want to integrate Agenda fully into my work, this is the main thing that’s preventing me from doing so; at this point, it’s an app I am “toying with” rather than truly using – something that on my mind as my membership renewal approaches…

A quick update, we have worked out the way we want this to work and it’s on the roll for later this year. First the reminders integration and some other items though.

4 Likes