E-mail to Agenda

Hello

I often recieve emails (sometime with attachments) that I would like to add to a note or create a note out of in a fast way. In Evernote I was able to forward an email specifying tags and folder location using a syntax in the subject line.

Anyone have suggestions for an efficient workflow to do this?

//Peter

2 Likes

Hi,

Drag and drop works fine. Just make sure you don’t drag “conversations” into Agenda, single e-mails only.

ah yes but when I do that Iget an “embedded” email file that I need to open in external program. i would like to convert it to an agenda note (or section of a note)

I don’t understand why Mail doesn’t have a Share button like every other app, to send messages to other apps. Seems crazy!

You can export as a PDF, and import that. Seems you can also select the message and choose File > Save As, and use rich text which Agenda can handle when you drag it in.

The Mail app seems alarmingly incapable of supporting standard Apple features for interoperability :frowning:

1 Like

Apple, in general, is one of the weakest users of their own technology. For example, look at the Shortcuts support (rather lack of), in their apps.

ping on this one: any thought on how I can take an email (in my case from MS Outlook) into an agenda note (not an attached email)

If Outlook, I save the email to One Note and then copy the note link to Agenda. Works great and syncs on all three devices (phone, iPad and Mac).

If I have a note that I need to have a number of emails linked to, I copy the link to the section header of the One Note notebook and that I can quickly access them all.

2 Likes