Duplicate / split note

Just decided a note I have is far too long. Would be great to be able to duplicate it or split it.

4 Likes

Indeed on our list, thanks for the suggestion.

4 Likes

The famous "Copy & pasteā€œ - C&P a note, thats what I do when duplicating a note.

Yeah, I mean, Cmd-A, Cmd-C, Cmd-V, three keystrokes! Learned that, well, a long time ago!

1 Like

Hah! Didnā€™t realise you could copy and paste an entire note. Iā€™ve been selecting the text, copying, creating new note, pasting!

And then copying and pasting the text I want to be the note title into the title field. This last is more complicated that it sounds: if you donā€™t actually delete the placeholder ā€˜untitled noteā€™ you paste your text into those words, depending on where you clicked the cursor. And selecting text by double clicking a paragraph brings the carriage return with it - which makes a real mess of the title!

Iā€™ll try copying and pasting entire notes when I get to my Mac.

1 Like

Would be even better to have a ā€œDuplicateā€ option. I have an ongoing project that has a few things I regularly track so I created a Template note. Rather than selecting Copy Note, it would be great to have a Duplicate Note. Is this in the works?

3 Likes

Itā€™s something weā€™d like to add yes.

1 Like

Another vote here for duplicating notes.

3 Likes

Two years later, and still not able to just duplicate a note?

Please focus on basic functions rather than new features. Dull, I know, but the only features worth paying for are stability and reliability. Not being able to simply duplicate a note by right-clicking on it and selecting ā€œDuplicate Noteā€ (as one can, for example, with tasks in OmniFocus) is rather annoyingā€¦

Thanks.

If we would present you the list of all suggested features that would classify in what you would call ā€œBasic and Dullā€ category, youā€™d understand why not everything has reached the top of the list yet. We steadily keep on chunking through them and this one Iā€™m sure will make it in as well, canā€™t promise yet when alas.

OK. Thanks,

d.