Dragging Subcategories and Projects

This is really two issues that are apparently related:

What I did: Drag projects or Subcategories down to the bottom of it’s enclosing Category or Subcategory (must have multiple Projects or Subcategories for this).

What happened:

• Projects would go into the next category (or subcategory)
  • Subcategories would either go into the next Category, or become its own Category.

What I expected: They would simply be placed at the botom of their enclosure (Category or Subcategory)

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Mac 10.15.7; Agenda 11.1 (151)

The same appears to be true for dragging Categories; I can apparently only drag a Category to the top; otherwise it wants to becaome a Subcategory of whatever it is hovering over, with no possibility of being inserted between other Categories.

That was all on the Mac; I’m noticing on my iPhone that if my categories are collapsed, I have the same problem. I can only drag upward, and then it looks like I’m putting the category in the trash.

The way it works is you have to expand a category, and drag the category onto the list of open projects, and it will appear below the open category. I find this wildly unintuitive, but that’s how it works.

• To nest a category within another category: collapse the intended parent category, drag the intended child category into it
  • To reorder categories: expand the intended higher category, drag the intended lower category over it

Thanks for opening this issue!
The way I see this, and in my experience, it seems the “categories” (sub or projects or anything basically) on the sidebar on the left aren’t able to handle custom sorting (by drag and drop). Whenever I try to restructure my categories, I can’t seem to “drop” a category in between two “peer” (same level) categories. Instead, its taking it to either inside the first of the two peers just mentioned, or if I drop it on the parent category, it takes first spot (which disrupts the order, as I want it to have the last spot) from the previous category occupying first spot.
@drewmccormack and @mekentosj - Really need your help to get this basic, essential feature implented in order to experience correct drag and drop functionality.

I believe we have a fix coming in the next update, but it remains fiddly due to the way the sidebar works at the moment, a more definite fix will come in a later update.

1 Like