Drag categories and projects up or down?

sort
category

I do most of my work on my iPad, so this question applies to the iOS beta.
Is there a way to drag categories and projects up or down in the list on the left of the screen?

You can move projects between categories using drag and drop. Just tap and hold until it pops up, and then drag.

Just like the Mac, you can’t yet reorder projects. Will likely add that in future. Everything is alphabetical for now.

Reordering is alphabetical, which means you can rearrange the order by preceeding projects with a number or a symbol, or even a letter:

zAnything will end up at the end and !Unusual at the top. It’s not that much trouble rearranging this way.

I do the same with categories.

Is project re-ordering in the sidebar still not available? Given how far Agenda has come, this seems to be a key missing feature…. I have several projects under a category, and don’t want to keep using numbers/symbols to order correctly…

Not yet, still on the todo list, aiming for somewhere in 2019, but we can’t give a more accurate ETA than that at the moment I’m afraid.

So I’m curious— as a general Mac “power user” but not developer, it seems like re-ordering projects it more “basic” than some of the recently added functionality. And given how much work has gone into making the overall UI so great, having to put symbols or numbers to order correctly seems odd…is this just more difficult to code that seems on the surface?…. On a completley different note, realized you’re the developer of Papers, which I’ve been using for many years and love!

Choices, choices, choices, and only 24 hrs in a day. In the end of the day (no pun intended) it came down to way more people asking for attachments and images support than for the ability to re-order projects. Doesn’t mean it’s not on our list still though, but we consider other things sometimes more important, sorry. I’m pretty confident we’ll add it in the course of 2019 though.

On a completley different note, realized you’re the developer of Papers, which I’ve been using for many years and love!

Awesome to hear that!